Grab some coffee, your favorite soda, a cocktail, or my favorite, a craft beer and pull up a seat.
Today’s post is just a quick update on some things happening in my life.
Oh, PS: If you are under 21 this is the beer you get:
So now that we’re all comfortable and hanging out. Here are some things that have been going on in my life lately:
First, I’ve been blogging for about a month and 2 days as of today, and I can’t believe how much fun I’ve been having.
I’ve absolutely loved hearing from all of you guys and getting your feedback. I am so amazed with how kind and supportive the beauty blogging community is.
So thank you, thank you, thank you for stopping by the blog!
Second, I start grad school full time next week and I go back to working full time, as well. Since I’ve been blogging full time lately to get the blog off its feet, you don’t have to be a grad student to see this is not going to work out.
So for the time being I’m going to try posting on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule, with an extra post thrown in here or there. I’ve already got posts scheduled to go, so hopefully it will all go off without a hitch!
I’ve got a lot to say, (when do I not?) so I don’t plan on going anywhere. I will still be out and about in the blogging community responding to comments and reading your blogs. I’ll just move from posting daily to posting MWF.
This blog is also going to be my escape from working on the Evil Thesis of Doom that’s due in December. I have a feeling many hours of procrastination will be spent on blog posts. Yep. I am definitely not going anywhere.
Third, random things!
- Some people have asked me where “Rebs” comes from. It’s a nickname for Rebecca that I somehow picked up my sophomore year of college. I wish I had a cool story behind it, but to be honest, no one really remembers how it started. One day I was just Rebs. And now everyone calls me that. It just stuck.
- You’ll also see me wearing sunglasses a lot on this blog. I love my job/degree plan and I am trying to keep it separate from my blog life, as they are two very different fields. I’m not exactly hiding my identity, but I’m not advertising it either. (I mean obviously, I’ve had pictures of my whole face on here, I just like to be selective about information I share.) And it’s also not like sunglasses hide that much. That really only works for Clark Kent. So it’s really a half-hearted attempt at protecting my real life. But still!
- I should be getting a new camera sometime in September, so I’m hoping my picture quality will improve!
- I wish I knew how to take better close up pictures of my eye makeup. Any tips?
- I’m planning on starting some new features/series during the next month on the blog. And I’ve developed an new obsession with indie makeup, so that should prove interesting.
- I recently started doing Zumba secretly at my house. Why did no one tell me how much fun Secret Zumba is?
- Mr. Danger, (The guy I’ve been with for 10 years, married for 5 of those,) is brewing a new beer this weekend!
- It’s 1 billion degrees where I live and I have to start wearing pants again! Nooooooooooo.
In all honesty, things for me are going really well right now. Just super busy. I can’t complain.
Questions of the Weekend:
-How are you doing? Any big changes happening in your life? Good, bad?
-If you have a blog, do you have any goals or things you’re planning to work on?
-Share something random! (We are having a drink together after all.)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Live like my dog would!
I’ll see you Monday!