I got nominated for a Liebster award by The Pink Locket! I am pretty excited about this, I would like to thank my parents, The Academy, and my dog for their constant support. Mr. Danger gets props for letting me buy all of the makeup.Thank you, and you, and you.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post.
- Choose 11 new blogs with under 200 followers for their Liebster Award, notify them that they have been nominated, and think of 11 questions for them to answer!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I love Podcasts and listen to them on my commute. My favorites are Freakeonomics, Nutrition Diva, The Savvy Psychologist, and Welcome to Nightvale.
- Mr. Danger and I started dating in high school, and we’ve been together ever since. (Now married for 5 years!)
- I’m obsessed with all things fitness and health. I love running, yoga, and Brussels sprouts. However, I can’t ever say no to chocolate, cheese, or french fries.
- I want all of the dogs.
- I’m a pescatarian. This means the only meat I eat is fish. Not that I am in a seafood cult.
- I love watching bad movies. My current favorite is Chupacabra vs. The Alamo, starring Erik Estrada.
- When I was little I wanted to be a Ninja Detective. I was disappointed when I found out this is not a real occupation.
- At any given time I have no less than 5 lip products in my purse.
- My nervous habit is picking at my cuticles. Which is why they always look terrible. Manicurists often look horrified upon viewing them.
- I hate feet.
- If I could be a cartoon I would be Jem, from Jem and the Holograms.
11 Questions to Answer
1. What’s your main reason for blogging?
I’ve always loved writing, so blogging is another way for me to express myself. Plus, I can use my makeup collection for the forces of good.
2. iPhone or Samsung or Neither
I got my first smart phone ever, an Iphone, 2 years ago. Before that I was using a cell phone from 2002 with a slide out keyboard, so let’s just say I’m not really picky.
3. What’s your ultimate favorite vacation spot?
The beach or the mountains or a brewery.
4. What book do you recommend I read next?
I just finished
5. What’s your favorite summer cocktail (it can be virgin or not..your choice)?
If I’m not drinking craft beer, I love a good dirty martini or a French 75. I recently found this place by my house that has frozen beer shandys and that is my new favorite thing in the world.
6. What food do you like to eat while sipping on your favorite cocktail?
All of the food. Specifically cheese.
7. What’s your favorite accessory or jewelry piece to wear?
I never leave home without my wedding rings and my college ring, (it has a tiny palm tree engraved on it, so it’s the bomb.com)
8. What’s your favorite holiday?
I love all holidays. Just give me a reason to celebrate something and wear a themed outfit, and I am there!
9. Morning riser or Night Owl?
Morning riser by force, Night Owl by nature. During the academic year I have to wake up early, but in the summer I’ve been known to stay up until 2-4am. Just for fun.
10. Social Butterfly or “Please Don’t Talk to Me”
I’m pretty social, but sometimes I just need quiet time. But don’t ever ask me to go to the mall. That crosses my social butterfly line.
11. What’s your pet peeve?
People who cut in lines! Wait your turn!
Blogs I Nominate:
I picked these beauty/lifestyle blogs because they all have really interesting perspectives on their topics.
Check out these blogs for a unique take on beauty and life!
Questions for these Bloggers:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
3. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
4. What is a pet peeve of yours?
5. What’s your favorite beauty product?
6. Who would you consider your style icon?
7. What’s your favorite splurge item?
8. What superhero power would you like to have?
9. What’s your favorite movie?
10. Name a guilty pleasure!
11. Pick an animal that best describes your personality!
Thanks again to The Pink Locket for nominating me, I felt very honored!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, friends!